Freelance Writing Portfolio
Freelance Copy & Content Writer
Dr Anneke Schmidt – Personal Development Specialist
Are you overwhelmed with the task of writing? Struggling to get your message out there? Unsure of how to convey what your business does and what you stand for in life? Or are you simply too busy to produce all the content/copy your business requires?
What you need is a writer who:
- Has a clear understanding of what you want to accomplish with your project.
- Will communicate with you about your needs, plans and goals.
- Can adapt to your preferred writing style and capture your brand voice.
- Combines the qualities of a professional researcher, writer, editor and proofreader.
- Has digital marketing experience and understands SEO.
- Is an experienced social media strategist who knows how to build relationships and encourage participation.
- Offers quick turnaround times and meets deadlines.
- Can take you to the next level of success and visibility.
Look no further! I offer you exactly that.
- BA (Hons) Humanities With Specialism in Philosophy and Religious Studies (First), The Open University
- MA in Religious Studies (Distinction), University of Chester
- Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, University of Exeter
- PhD in Education, University of Exeter
My Certificates & Professional Training
- Proofreading 1: Introduction, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- Proofreading 2: Headway, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- Copy-editing 1: Introduction, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
My Freelance Writing Portfolio – Personal Development Content & More
Here are a few samples of relevant articles and books I have written. For more examples, please go to my blog, Skill & Care.
My Client Reviews
Anneke Schmidt has contributed to a number of my publications as co-author, editor and/or proof-reader. She has an expert grasp of English and is highly competent in reviewing and revising texts. She has a skilful, methodical and rigorous approach to her work, communicating openly and clearly when identifying possible changes. Her diligent approach to the detailed scrutiny of works means that typographical and grammatical errors are identified and eradicated prior to publication. Yet her abilities extend beyond that level of analysis to more advanced questions of syntax, sense and significance, which helps to ensure texts are clear, coherent and concise. I would recommend her editorial and proof-reading services without reservation, and would be delighted to employ her again.Professor Rob Freathy, Academic Dean for Students, University of Exeter
I was immensely impressed with Anneke Schmidt’s eye for detail on the recent writing, editing and proofreading she carried out for us. She is a step above other freelancers I have worked with in the past and I felt confident that the finished product was well-written and accurate.Helen Denman, Multimedia Designer, Design Studio Exeter
I would confidently recommend the editorial services of Anneke Schmidt. In proofreading a recent book manuscript for us, her attention to detail ensured that the bibliography was complete and precise, that cross references were meticulously checked, and that the house referencing style was applied uniformly and accurately across the text. She saved the team significant amounts of time in this, and undertook the work agreed on time, and to an excellent standard.Dr Jonathan Doney, British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow