Content Solutions for the EdTech, e-Learning, and L&D Sector
Expert Content & Copywriter
Dr. Anneke Schmidt
Education and L&D Specialist
I help e-Learning providers create insightful thought-leadership content that cuts through the informational noise.
Do you work in the Education, e-Learning, or L&D sector and need an expert writer?
Are you passionate about lifelong learning, continuous professional development, and educational technology but struggling to get your message out there?
Or, are you perhaps just tired of working with generalist writers who lack the required subject knowledge and educational expertise to create excellent marketing content for your brand?
What you need is a specialist writer who:
- Understands the Education and e-Learning industry and is a credible expert in your field
- Knows how to write web content that captures your brand voice, adds value to your target audience, and pleases search engines
- Has digital marketing experience and masters SEO with a particular focus on educational services and EdTech software
- Can help you make a difference in the world with easy-to-read, research-based, and inspiring educational web content
- Is able to create excellent and engaging learning resources for print and online publication
- Combines the skills and qualities of a professional researcher, educator, writer, and editor.
Problem solved. Collaborate with me, and watch your brand message soar to new heights.
- Ph.D. in Education, University of Exeter
- Postgraduate Certificate of Secondary Education, University of Exeter
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies (Distinction), University of Chester
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Philosophy (First), The Open University
- Search Engine Optimization Certification, HubSpot Academy
- Content Marketing Certification, HubSpot Academy
- Inbound Marketing Certification, HubSpot Academy
- Copy-editing: Introduction, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- Proofreading: Headway, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- Proofreading: Introduction, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
Portfolio: Content Marketing
Here are a few samples of articles and web copy I’ve created for educational institutions, EdTech companies, as well as e-Learning and L&D providers.
Portfolio: Thought Leadership & Criticism
Discover a growing collection of commentaries, opinion pieces, interviews, and more, each reflecting my deep engagement with key issues in the Education, e-Learning, and L&D sector.
What My Clients Say
In the course of our working relationship producing articles on technology and education for me, I’ve found Anneke to be an exemplary freelance writer.
As well as producing excellent content, she communicates clearly on expectations and deadlines and is thorough and attentive. Her articles are engaging and original, sensitive to the client’s tone and voice, and are so well-produced they require minimal (if any) editing. She goes above and beyond to check that her articles adhere to SEO and quality standards and is refreshingly transparent.
I would thoroughly recommend Anneke to anyone looking for a dedicated, talented, and prolific freelance writer.Matthew Deery, Marketing Content Editor at CareerFoundry
I can highly recommend Dr. Anneke Schmidt for your content writing needs. We have been working with Anneke for a few months now and the quality of the content she produces is second to none.
The research she undertakes on each project is exceptional and the final product is always delivered on time and with amazing levels of detail and care. We look forward to continuing to work with her into the future and cannot recommend her services enough!Andrew Finch, Digital Marketing Executive at Cactus Language Training
It was a pleasure working with Anneke on a number of EdTech copywriting projects at Ment.io. She was professional, delivered on time and was receptive to feedback so that we could come away with the best possible written product.Jacob Simkovich, Brand & Content Manager at Ment.io
I was immensely impressed with Anneke’s eye for detail on the recent writing, editing and proofreading she carried out for us. She is a step above other freelancers I have worked with in the past and I felt confident that the finished product was well-written and accurate.Helen Denman, Multimedia Designer, Design Studio Exeter
Anneke did a superb job on my book project. She took time to understand my requirements in depth and always checked in to make sure everything was on track.
I will definitely be working with Anneke again in the near future!Zubair Parvez, Founder of Plan A Digital Technology Recruitment
What It Costs
I prefer to charge per project or on a monthly retainer basis, so there are no hidden fees or surprises. That said, it’s difficult to pin down rates because individual projects and content packages vary in scope and complexity.
But to give you an idea, here are some sample project prices:
For one-off projects, I ask for a 50% deposit upfront. Retainer packages are billed at the end of each month.
To discuss your project with me, send me a MESSAGE or: